Powered By Blogger

Friday 11 November 2011

The best game? Or the most enjoyable?

You've debated this, what is the BEST game you've played? For me, it's Half Life 2. It's an astounding achivement in gaming and still is to this day. It takes a standard, linier story and turns it into perfection. But is it the most enjoyable game I've played? No. That would be Burnout 3. It's rare for me to comment on modern console games, but this is a gem from the past. I got hours of enjoyment from just driving a car at retarded speeds, hitting other cars off the road into pedestrians. God knows how many people I've killed in the process, probably enough to have my own genocide. Dictators behold!

This is only a recent inkling; but one I feel strongly about. I've debated with myself on this and can never seem to come to a precise answer; how can I be sure of this? I still don't know, but it's where my mindset is. I feel like an Alzheimers patient going for a shit: "why did I go to the toilet again?".

There are many areas in which you will love a game: the gameplay, graphics, simplicity or complexity, the story. Whether or not you love a game or not, you can never be too sure on how much you really feel/care about it to the point you can say it's you're favorite.

People don't seem to understand this, the best thing isn't necessarily the most enjoyable. You can be in love with something, but crave another, that's how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment