Powered By Blogger

Monday 28 November 2011

Shogun 2 Expansion Confirmed

And my god does it look amazing. I am writing this approximately 20 seconds after seeing this news on twitter. Which in turn was tweeted 6 minutes ago, so this is about as current as you get. If you want to skip my prattle and go straight to the blog I will be posting it at the bottom.

The clash of the moustache...2012

Now I will cover the Total War series in later articles, but safe to say I have been a massive fan since about the age of 11, playing Shogun, this year just passed it is safe to say I have immensely enjoyed Shogun 2, and with the release of a new expansion coming out, especially such a radical shift in time, I couldn't be more excited.

From the blog: Fall of the Samurai explores the conflict between the Imperial throne and the last Shogunate in 19th century Japan, 400 years after the events of the original game – a dramatic clash of traditional Samurai culture with the explosive power of modern weaponry.

And also:
There will be whole new land and sea unit interactions, including the ability to call in offshore artillery support barrages. Coastal gun emplacements can conversely target enemy ships, bringing a new synergy to land and sea elements of gameplay. Players can even call in campaign map bombardments – bombarding armies and cities in adjacent coastal areas of the campaign map itself.

Now the entire article is pretty short and deserves a read, but I'm really quite excited, which is rare in the video games world, such a radical departure still on the same engine, and coming the closest we have to the modern age was, for me, completely unexpected, I won't lie, I was expecting Mongol Invasion 2.

It is out in March of 2012, which just happens to be the month of my birthday. All in all, you can call this a pleasant surprise.

Here is the video, which for the record is currently at 190 views, and 8 likes. Now that is field reporting.



Oh man, that Gatling Gun


No comments:

Post a Comment