Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 23 November 2011

The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword Review

The Legend of Zelda's latest instalment in the simplest way I can put it is the best game I have ever played. It has succeeded all of my expectations, when I first saw that reveal trailer at E3 2010 I was a bit sceptical of Nintendo's choice to make the graphics kind of in-between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. But as soon as I got into the game I started to realize that Nintendo had done a phenomenal job of capturing the beauty of the newest addition to the Zelda universe.
My personal highlight of the game so far is the newest and greatest addition to the series, the new swordplay style, again I was worried that the new control system would lag and not live up to how Nintendo had hyped it up in all of the recent press releases. But to my delight they have done a fantastic job in making their new control system very accurate. There were only two things that has irritated me a little bit was that you continually have to centre the cross hair if you move the controller about too much. And I miss riding Epona around the fields of Hyrule! But overall Nintendo have done a brilliant job continuing the Zelda series, for about the first 5 hours of game-play I was comparing everything in the game to Ocarina of Time in order to see if I thought if it was better or not. But in my opinion they just as good as each other, I find it really hard to compare it to the game I played non-stop throughout the whole of my child hood.
Overall Rating: 10.0

No comments:

Post a Comment